PhilHealth Issues Guidelines on Mandatory Payment of Premium Contributions of Employers and Employees through the Online Payment Facility of the Electronic Premium Remittance System (EPRS)
Philippine Health Insurance Corporation issued PHILHEALTH Circular No. 2020-0008 dated March 18, 2020, mandating payment of premium contributions through the Online Payment Facility of the Electronic Premium Remittance System (EPRS).
1. Effective the applicable period of June 2020 and onwards, all premium contributions of employers and their employees in the Government and Private Sectors shall be made thru the online payment facility of the EPRS.
2. Employers are required to enroll their EPRS account at any Accredited Collecting Agent (ACA) of choice with payment gateway / facility interlinked with EPRS to be able to remit premium online. A complete list of all accredited collecting agents interlinked with EPRS online payment facility can be accessed through www.philhealth.gov.ph.
3. Employers who cannot comply with online scheme due to unstable internet connection, no available internet providers or for any other justifiable reasons shall be required to request for exemption. The request and corresponding supporting documents may be submitted to the Local Health Insurance Office, who shall then forward or endorse to Collection Section of the PhilHealth Regional Office for further evaluation, assessment and recommendation for approval or denial of the Regional Vice President.
4. Kasambahays, Family Drivers, and those located in areas classified as Geographically Isolated and Disadvantaged Areas (GIDAS) may pay their premium contribution over-the-counter at the Local Health Insurance Offices on cash basis. They are, however, encouraged to take advantage also of the EPRS online payment facility for ease of transaction.
5. To give sufficient time for the employers to align their processes and enroll their account at any Accredited Collection Agent (ACA) of choice with approved payment gateway / facility in the EPRS, employers will be given a transitory period of not more than 6 months upon the effectivity of this Circular to remit in the meantime their premium contributions thru Over-the-Counter of their preferred ACAs. Thereafter, compliance to this policy shall be strictly implemented.